Chukwa >> mail # user >> hadoop's attempt directory logs

+
Abhijit Dhar 2012-01-17, 03:20
+
Eric Yang 2012-01-18, 02:03
+
Abhijit Dhar 2012-01-20, 02:13
+
Eric Yang 2012-01-20, 02:24
Re: hadoop's attempt directory logs
I tried different loglevels too. But, I checked, and found that
TaskLogAppender does not even register itself with the chuka agent as an
adapter. I tried using ChukwaDailyRollingFileAppender with the below config,
and it works flawlessly -

log4j.appender.TLA=org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.inputtools.log4j.ChukwaDailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.TLA.File=logs/jcrawler.log
log4j.appender.TLA.recordType=CrawlerLog
log4j.appender.TLA.chukwaClientHostname=localhost
log4j.appender.TLA.chukwaClientPortNum=9093
log4j.appender.TLA.DatePattern=.yyyy-MM-dd
log4j.appender.TLA.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.TLA.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ISO8601} %p [%t]

But, with ChukwaDailyRollingFileAppender, it does not create the task log
attempt directories(which I need too)