Accumulo >> mail # user >> Accumulo 1.4.3 download "mirrors" links bad?

+
Terry P. 2013-05-02, 22:17
+
John Vines 2013-05-02, 22:38
+
Terry P. 2013-05-02, 22:44
+
John Vines 2013-05-02, 22:50
Re: Accumulo 1.4.3 download "mirrors" links bad?
Thanks John, I'll have to download 1.4.3 at home then.  Weird that it's
doing it in both Firefox and Internet Exploder -- work won't let me install
Chrome :-(
On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That is not a file, the closer.cgi is a script which will try to point to
> a mirror close to user. I have yet to find a specific reason this happens,
> but it's few and far between. I use firefox and do not have this issue,
> FWIW.
>

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM, Terry P. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi John,
>> I tried NOT downloading it and telling Firefox to open it using Firefox,
>> but it always gives me a 7KB tar.gz file.
>>
>> When one hovers over the link, the URL in the status bar shows:
>>
>> www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/accumulo/1.4.3/accumulo-1.4.3-dist.tar.gz
>>
>> So it looks to me like it's linking directly to a file, no?
>>
>> I'll try when I get home but I really want to get my hands on the Red Hat
>> / CentOS compatible init scripts that I'm hoping are in 1.4.3.
>>

>> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Those are links to the mirrors list, not files to download themselves.
>>> There have been a few users who have had their browsers configured to treat
>>> links that end in tar.gz to download them as a tar.gz when in realize it's
>>> a link apache mirror redirector.

+
John Vines 2013-05-02, 23:23
+