HBase >> mail # user >> Question on Scanner REST API Usage

Question on Scanner REST API Usage
Hi HBase community:

I have a few questions on the usage of Scanner via REST API:

- From the XML schema (
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/rest/package-summary.html#xmlschema),
we can set the maximum number of values to return for each call to next()
by specifying the batch attribute. Is there a way to set the number of rows
for caching that will be passed to scanners (setCaching)?

- Also, I cannot find a way to get all columns of a single row for each
call to next(). Can someone tell me if this is possible? Note that setting
the batch size won't work because, for example, some rows might have 10
columns and the other rows might have 5 columns, setting batch to 10 will
include cells that are from other rows. I want a API that behaves like the
Java native API that will get all columns of a row when I call next().

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jerry