Pig >> mail # dev >> Adding new test cases to TestBuiltin.java

+
Cheolsoo Park 2012-10-30, 21:43
Re: Adding new test cases to TestBuiltin.java

On Oct 30, 2012, at 2:43 PM, Cheolsoo Park wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While reviewing PIG-2881 (Add SUBTRACT eval func), I had 2 questions:
>
> 1) How do we decide whether an eval func be a built-in func? For example,
> should SUBTRACT be added to the o.a.pig.builtin or piggybank?

The question here is what do we as Pig want to support.  Things in piggybank are best effort.  Things in Pig itself we are committing to keep working and upgrading moving forward.  If we believe a function makes sense for a large enough group of users and that we can maintain it, then we should move it into Pig.

Alan.
+
Julien Le Dem 2012-10-30, 22:11