HBase >> mail # dev >> Re: HBase Types: Explicit Null Support

+
Ted Yu 2013-04-01, 21:38
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-02, 00:10
+
James Taylor 2013-04-02, 00:39
+
Jesse Yates 2013-04-02, 06:29
+
James Taylor 2013-04-02, 06:33
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-04-05, 01:49
Re: HBase Types: Explicit Null Support
With Phoenix, variable width types may be null in all cases (in the row
key or as key values) and fixed width types may be null as key values or
as the last row key column. We only allow a binary type in the row key
as the last column. We haven't had any push back on these restrictions
to date.

Would it make sense to clean up the APIs a bit and post just the type
system code somewhere to give us something to poke holes at?

Thanks,

     James

+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-04-05, 02:54