Eli,

On Aug 30, 2012, at 12:02 AM, Eli Collins wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> On Aug 29, 2012, at 10:46 PM, Eli Collins wrote:

>>> I don't see how it helps. This substantially *increases* the size of
>>> the PMC for HDFS, I don't even recognize a bunch of names on this
>>> list. Unless we're actually going to try to make the HDFS project
>>> represent the people who actually contribute and run the project we're
>>> just replicating the current situation across 3 projects.  5+ hdfs
>>> patches in the last year seems like a pretty low bar to me.
>>

>> Fine. Could you please provide us with an alternate for consideration?

Ok, I'll bite - I find learned helplessness very frustrating.

I modified my proposal to keep the current distinction of Committers v/s PMC for all projects i.e. all projects keep the list of committers I had but PMC is restricted to a intersection of current PMC and respective project's committer list:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HDFS_MR_YARN_TLP_Proposal
> Todd's list seems more in line with the goal of reducing project
> members to reflect the actual community.

I do hope you merely missed my response to Todd's proposal which needs a lot more work: http://s.apache.org/OYK.

If you are going to support it, please fix it first. If not, I'll assume you agree with my modifications since they addressed your concerns of *substantially increasing* HDFS PMC size.

Arun