Bruce would be more suited to pushing the current Avro C code forward. He
has more state in his head about where it was headed since he was doing the
work. If we don't hear from Bruce, I could do the work to create a topic
branch and revert Avro C to a better state for the release.
*Hadoop World 2010 -- October 12 | New York -- **Register
On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 08/12/2010 05:10 PM, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
>> Just wondering: is there a release date planned yet for Avro 1.4.0?
> Not a hard date, but I'll be very disappointed if we don't get something
> out this month. I've got a few more Java things that I hope to wrap up in
> the next week. Other than that, Bruce claimed that Avro C was not in
> release-shape. Bruce? Matt? Does anyone have time to spruce Avro C up a
> bit? If someone doesn't come forward soon then I'll just start rolling
> release candidates and calling votes.
> There's a bug fix in there that I could really use, and I'm trying to
>> decide if I should wait for it, work around it, roll my own pre-release jar,
> I do sometimes post snapshot builds for developers. But if you're using
> this in production you should either build your own patched version or wait
> for a release.
> An example of a POM that depends on the latest 1.4 snapshot is:
> Ivy configuration is similar. Avro's snapshots are at: