Sqoop >> mail # user >> password field in job configuration

+
Artem Ervits 2012-11-28, 15:25
Re: password field in job configuration
Hi Artem,
don't worry, I believe that this mailing is the best place to ask your question.

Unfortunately Sqoop 1 is always storing db credentials into mapreduce job configuration object and you can always read them from there. I'm afraid that there isn't way how to overcome this in Sqoop 1. Luckily we've noticed that this a big issue for a lot of our users, so one of our primary goals when designing Sqoop 2 was to allow not to put sensitive information into the job object, so stay tuned for Sqoop 2!

Jarcec

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 03:25:15PM +0000, Artem Ervits wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am not sure whether this is correct mailing list but I'm seeing this issue happening where when I review the configuration of a sqoop import job.xml, I can see my password in plain text under "mapreduce.jdbc.url". Is there a way to mask this field, again, if this needs to be directed to Mapreduce mailing list, I'll be happy to do so, but if anyone knows the answer, it will be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>

> Artem Ervits
> Data Analyst
> New York Presbyterian Hospital

> This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank you.

> This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank you.

+
Artem Ervits 2012-11-28, 15:54
+
Chalcy 2012-11-28, 16:04