HDFS >> mail # dev >> help:2 problems in using hadoop sequencefile

+
张春玮 2011-01-19, 02:15
Re: help:2 problems in using hadoop sequencefile

On Jan 18, 2011, at 6:15 PM, 张春玮 wrote:

> When I invoke this function 2 times in main function, the second time it
> will overwrite not append the file “/test” in hdfs. Can you tell me how to
> append data when reopen an existing sequencefile in hdfs?

There is no working append code in any released version of Apache Hadoop 0.20.2.  So you'll need to read all the files with an identity mapper and write them with a single identity reducer.

> Another problem:
> Is Appending operation  supported in HAR file?

No.