Accumulo, mail # user - Pyaccumulo deletions

+
Aru Sahni 2013-10-22, 12:05
Re: Pyaccumulo deletions
Eric Newton 2013-10-22, 14:12
Thanks for the report.  I've confirmed the problem and created ACCUMULO-1800.

If you set the timestamp on your mutation (to the current time in
millis) it should work.

-Eric
On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Aru Sahni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Accumulo and am still trying to wrap my head around its ways. To
> further that challenge, I'm using Pyaccumulo, which doesn't present much in
> terms of available reference material.
>
> Right now I'm trying to understand how Accumulo manages record (key-value
> pair) deletions.
>
> conn = Accumulo(host, port, user, password)
> table = 'test_table'
> conn.create_table(table)
> writer = conn.create_batch_writer(table)
> mut = Mutation('mut_01')
> mut.put(cf='item', cq='name', value='car')
> writer.add_mutation(mut)
> writer.close()
> conn.close()
>
> Will generate a record (found via a shell scan):
>
> mut_01 item:name []    car
>
> However the subsequent mutation...
>
> writer = conn.create_batch_writer(table)
> mut = Mutation('mut_01')
> mut.put(cf='item', cq='name', is_delete=True)
> writer.add_mutation(mut)
> writer.close()
>
> Results in:
>
> mut_01 item:name []
>
> How should one expect the deleted row to be represented? That record sticks
> around even after I force a compaction of the table.  I was expecting it to
> not show up in any iterators, or at least provide an easy way to see if the
> cell has been deleted.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help,
> ~A
+