Hive, mail # user - "show table" throwing strange error

Re: "show table" throwing strange error
Mohammad Tariq 2013-07-01, 02:43
Hello all,

          Apologies for being unresponsive. Was busy with some urgent
deliverable.

Inspite of all your help and trying continuously for several days it didn't
work. I tried almost everything, including whatever you guys had suggested.
As a result I had to reconfigure Hive and now it's working perfectly fine.
Still I would love to hear if someone has something to about this.

Thank you so much for your precious time.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com
On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM, shashwat shriparv <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Create hive-site.xml paste following
>
> and try
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="configuration.xsl"?>
> <!--
>    Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
>    contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
>    this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
>    The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
>    (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
>    the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
>
>        http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>
>    Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
>    distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
>    WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
>    See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
>    limitations under the License.
> -->
>

> <configuration>
> <property>
>  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>
>
> <value>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/hivemeta?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true</value>
>   <description>the URL of the MySQL database</description>
>
> </property>
>
> <property>
>   <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName</name>
>   <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
> </property>
>
> <property>
>   <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionUserName</name>
>    <value>username</value>
>
> </property>
>
> <property>
>   <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword</name>
>   <value>passwore</value>
> </property>
> </configuration>
>

> *Thanks & Regards    *
>
> ∞
> Shashwat Shriparv
>

> On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 2:26 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> More often than not in my experience is caused by a malformed
>> hive-site.xml(or hive-default.xml). When this happened to me, it was
>> because I somehow had tab characters in my hive-site.xml. Try dropping the
>> file(s) and recreate with appropriate formatting.
>>

>> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Sanjay Subramanian <
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>>  Can u stop following services
>>> hive-server
>>> hive-meta-store