Hive >> mail # user >> "show table" throwing strange error

Re: "show table" throwing strange error
Hello all,

          Apologies for being unresponsive. Was busy with some urgent
deliverable.

Inspite of all your help and trying continuously for several days it didn't
work. I tried almost everything, including whatever you guys had suggested.
As a result I had to reconfigure Hive and now it's working perfectly fine.
Still I would love to hear if someone has something to about this.

Thank you so much for your precious time.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com
On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM, shashwat shriparv <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Create hive-site.xml paste following
>
> and try
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="configuration.xsl"?>
> <!--
>    Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
>    contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
>    this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
>    The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
>    (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
>    the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
>
>        http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>
>    Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
>    distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
>    WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
>    See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
>    limitations under the License.
> -->
>

> <configuration>
> <property>
>  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>
>
> <value>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/hivemeta?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true</value>
>   <description>the URL of the MySQL database</description>
>
> </property>
>
> <property>
>   <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName</name>
>   <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
> </property>
>
> <property>
>   <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionUserName</name>
>    <value>username</value>
>
> </property>
>
> <property>
>   <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword</name>
>   <value>passwore</value>
> </property>
> </configuration>
>

> *Thanks & Regards    *
>
> ∞
> Shashwat Shriparv
>

> On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 2:26 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> More often than not in my experience is caused by a malformed
>> hive-site.xml(or hive-default.xml). When this happened to me, it was
>> because I somehow had tab characters in my hive-site.xml. Try dropping the
>> file(s) and recreate with appropriate formatting.
>>

>> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Sanjay Subramanian <
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>>  Can u stop following services
>>> hive-server
>>> hive-meta-store