Hive >> mail # user >> .sql vs. .hql

.sql vs. .hql
I'm looking for documentation on how to use .sql and .hql files in Hive and what the differences are between the two file types.  I'm not even certain .hql is a real thing, but I'm looking.  I didn't see any mention of this issue in White's Hadoop book, at least not clearly indicated in the index.

Thanks.

                                           --  Yoda
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-05-31, 20:20
+