Hive, mail # user - .sql vs. .hql

.sql vs. .hql
Keith Wiley 2013-05-31, 20:17
I'm looking for documentation on how to use .sql and .hql files in Hive and what the differences are between the two file types.  I'm not even certain .hql is a real thing, but I'm looking.  I didn't see any mention of this issue in White's Hadoop book, at least not clearly indicated in the index.

Thanks.

                                           --  Yoda
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-05-31, 20:20
+