Hadoop >> mail # dev >> CHANGES.txt out of sync in the different branches

Re: CHANGES.txt out of sync in the different branches
I went ahead and committed a couple of changes to trunk and branch-2 to fix
the MR CHANGES.txt mess.  Alexandro, I believe there's a couple of jiras
where you were waiting for CHANGES.txt fixes before merging to branch-2.
Not sure about past discussions, but can we re-visit removing CHANGES.txt
in favour of jira fix versions.

While we maintain this file, a couple of points to prevent this ...
- For changes that go into 0.23, the CHANGES.txt entry needs to be included
under the 2.x line as well since 2.x and 0.23 are on a different release
schedule.
- When merging into a branch, please update CHANGES.txt on the src branch
as well. trunk was out of sync on a lot of CHANGES which have gone into
2.0.5.
- Something going wrong with these files isn't always discovered
immediately, but adds up fast - so a little extra caution with changes,
merge-conflicts etc on these files...

There's jiras like MAPREDUCE-4790, for which the fix version on jira is
trunk-win, but the patch is already in trunk. Does fix version trunk-win
imply the patch is in trunk as well ?

Thanks
- Sid