HBase >> mail # dev >> VOTE: hbase-0.95RC1, the second "Development" Series Release is available [WAS -> VOTE: hbase-0.95.0RC0, the first "Developer Release" release candidate is available for download and vote]

+
Stack 2013-04-03, 05:12
+
Elliott Clark 2013-04-03, 08:02
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-03, 14:33
Re: VOTE: hbase-0.95RC1, the second "Development" Series Release is available [WAS -> VOTE: hbase-0.95.0RC0, the first "Developer Release" release candidate is available for download and vote]
On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 7:33 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Tests in progress...
>
> Lru is pretty verbose...

AFAIK it's always been like that, and it's worse when you have a small
block cache that you're banging on like in your case.

> jmspaggi@hbasetest:~/hbase/hbase-0.95.0-hadoop1$ cat
> logs/hbase-jmspaggi-master-hbasetest.log | wc
>   53518  938381 9515387
> jmspaggi@hbasetest:~/hbase/hbase-0.95.0-hadoop1$ cat
> logs/hbase-jmspaggi-master-hbasetest.log | grep LruBlockCache | wc
>   50163  902918 8760832
>
> Should we reduce the log level to INFO for it?

INFO is less verbose than DEBUG, so setting this to INFO would do the
opposite of what you want :)

> 2013-04-03 10:29:43,905 DEBUG
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.LruBlockCache: Block cache LRU
> eviction started; Attempting to free 9.72 MB of total=239.32 MB
> 2013-04-03 10:29:43,906 DEBUG
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.LruBlockCache: Block cache LRU
> eviction completed; freed=9.77 MB, total=229.74 MB, single=236.92 MB,
> multi=555.2 KB, memory=0 KB
> 2013-04-03 10:29:43,941 DEBUG
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.LruBlockCache: Block cache LRU
> eviction started; Attempting to free 9.72 MB of total=239.32 MB
> 2013-04-03 10:29:43,942 DEBUG
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.LruBlockCache: Block cache LRU
> eviction completed; freed=9.77 MB, total=229.74 MB, single=236.86 MB,
> multi=555.2 KB, memory=0 KB
> 2013-04-03 10:29:43,978 DEBUG
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.LruBlockCache: Block cache LRU
> eviction started; Attempting to free 9.72 MB of total=239.32 MB
> 2013-04-03 10:29:43,978 DEBUG
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.LruBlockCache: Block cache LRU
> eviction completed; freed=9.77 MB, total=229.74 MB, single=236.92 MB,
> multi=555.2 KB, memory=0 KB
>
> JM
>
> 2013/4/3 Elliott Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> +1
>>
>> Verified the gpg signature for hadoop2 and source tar balls.
>> Spun up a local instance.
>> Created tables. Put data, got data
>> Ran TestAcidGuarantees for about 2 hours.
>> Tried an online schema change while running test acid. (seemed to work but
>> caused a huge drop in throughput)
>> Created a snapshot while test acid was going on.
>> Ran apache-rat on the source
>>
>> Native libs aren't present (are they supposed to be there for mlock ?)
>> I filed some minor jiras but everything seems good for a developer release.
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Here is the second 0.95.0 release candidate.  Should we put this out as
>>> 0.95.0?  Please
>>> vote by friday, April 5th.
>>>
>>> See the refguide [1] for definition of what a "Development" Series Release
>>> is (or read below where we call it a 'developer release").  In short, it is
>>> a preview release, not for production, put out early so us devs start
>>> getting feedback the sooner.
>>>
>>> The release is available here:
>>>
>>>   http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.95.0RC1/
>>>
>>> Issues fixed in this release are available here:
>>>

>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12324094
>>>
>>> ...including a fix for HBASE-8242, the issue that sunk the first release
>>> candidate.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> St.Ack
>>>
>>> 1. http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase.versioning