Kafka >> mail # user >> Quickstart Problem re: Zookeeper

Quickstart Problem re: Zookeeper
I'm having a problem with step 1 of the Quickstart guide at
http://incubator.apache.org/kafka/quickstart.html using code from github:
https://github.com/kafka-dev/kafka.git

russell-jurneys-macbook-pro:kafka rjurney$ bin/zookeeper-server-start.sh
config/zookeeper.properties

org/apache/log4j/Logger
at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.<clinit>(QuorumPeerMain.java:62)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.log4j.Logger
... 1 more
What am I doing wrong?  I tried adding commons logging to my CLASSPATH, but
it doesn't help.

Russell Jurney
twitter.com/rjurney
[EMAIL PROTECTED]