Hive >> mail # user >> NaNs and Infinity support in HIVE?

NaNs and Infinity support in HIVE?
Are NaNs and/or Infinity supported in HIVE? If yes, I wanted to know
how are NaNs and Infinity values represented in HDFS files to be
interpreted correctly in Hive.

When I do 'select 1/0 from tab', I get a text value, "Infinity".
However, when I enter "Infinity" v in my HDFS file represented by the
HIVE table (the column datatype of the table is int), and then do a
select, I get 'NULL' (and not Infinity).

I am working with HIVE 0.7.1.

Thanks,
-Sukhendu