Kafka >> mail # dev >> Multi Costumer and Broker

+
rizal ramadhany 2012-11-08, 04:40
Re: Multi Costumer and Broker
Read through the quick start on the project page http://incubator.apache.org/kafka/quickstart.html

Kafka consumers need to be in the same "consumer group" in order to act as one (one message goes to one consumer, instead of going to all consumers). This functionality requires that you have more than one partition in the Kafka broker - actually you need more partitions than you want members of your consumer group.

Also, this type of question is better suited for the users list [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cheers,
David