HBase, mail # dev - ProtoBuf generation?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-12, 22:28
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-12, 22:37
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-12, 23:12
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-01-12, 23:14
+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-12, 23:27
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-01-12, 23:33
+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-12, 23:38
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-01-13, 16:43
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-01-13, 20:10
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-01-13, 20:25
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-01-14, 20:02
+
Stack 2013-01-15, 04:37
Re: ProtoBuf generation?
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-01-15, 08:46
I tend to agree with this -- there is no guarantee that future
versions of this will not break compatiblity, (thrift did this
multiple times), yeah, modifying protobuf stuff is rare.

I'd be happy if we detected if protoc was present, use it if it was
but also allow the build if it isn't by using the committed generated
code.

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)