Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] Abandon the HDFS proxy contrib component

Re: [VOTE] Abandon the HDFS proxy contrib component
Owen O'Malley 2011-07-20, 21:45

On Jul 20, 2011, at 2:42 PM, Allen Wittenauer wrote:

> On Jul 20, 2011, at 2:26 PM, Eli Collins wrote:
>>
>> Btw, Alejandro is contributing a full HDFS proxy replacement (also
>> supports read/write, kerberos, etc) in HDFS-2178.
>
> Which is basically blocked by Alfredo's lack of security review.

I'm also not comfortable with a critical part of the security infrastructure coming from a github project. Will Cloudera contribute Alfredo to Hadoop?

-- Owen