Pig >> mail # user >> preprocessor command not recognized...

+
Steve Bernstein 2013-05-20, 21:56
RE: preprocessor command not recognized...
More info:  I'm getting this at the grunt command line.  When I run at the shell as:

>pig -dryrun myscript.pig

I don't get the error, suggesting I can't author/debug in my usual piecemeal style at the Pig shell if I want to use preprocessor commands, and now as I write this I realize the preprocessor substitutes at preprocess time, so I can't use the '%' commands at the pig shell.

Do I have this correct?

SB

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Bernstein [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 2:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: preprocessor command not recognized...

Hi all, and thanks in advance for any light you can shed...

I'm using %default for the first time, as in:

%default RERUN_WINDOW '30';

But getting the standard "unrecognized statement error" shown below.  What am I missing?  Is there a setting I need to support this?  I'm using 0.11.1.

2013-05-20 21:45:36,455 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - ERROR 1000: Error during parsing. Encountered " <PATH> "%default "" at line 1, column 1.
Was expecting one of:
    <EOF>
    "cat" ...
    "fs" ...