Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Re: Some thing is wrong

+
yang.li 2012-10-18, 01:29
+
Ted Dunning 2012-10-18, 01:58
+
yang.li 2012-10-17, 06:34
+
yang.li 2012-10-17, 06:06
Re: Some thing is wrong
Using 6 nodes for ZK is a bit odd.  Actually, it is a bit even.

If all of the nodes are involved in the quorum, you will get lower write
throughput than with 5 nodes and slightly higher chance of failure since it
is more likely to get 3/6 node failures versus 3/5 failures.

What motivated your choice of 6 nodes?

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:06 PM, yang.li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi, all:
>
> I'm in charge of a zookeeper cluster including six nodes. It worked well
> for the last six months,
> but yesterday when I want to list the children of a specific path
> "/dp/monitor_root/child/CDSkafkaSensor/msg",
> something is just wrong. Here is the dump info as shown below:
>
> [zk: zk-6:2181(CONNECTED) 1] ls /dp/monitor_root/child/CDSkafkaSensor/msg
> 2012-10-17 13:47:28,719 [myid:] - WARN
>  [main-SendThread(m32p118.bfdabc.com:2181):ClientCnxn$SendThread@1057] -
> Session 0x63a6d4272590001 for server
> m32p118.bfdabc.com/192.168.32.118:2181, unexpected error, closing socket
> connection and attempting reconnect
> java.io.IOException: Packet len5362775 is out of range!
>         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocket.readLength(ClientCnxnSocket.java:112)
>         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doIO(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:77)
>         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:291)
>         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1035)
>
> WATCHER::
>
> WatchedEvent state:Disconnected type:None path:null
> Exception in thread "main"
> KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for
> /dp/monitor_root/child/CDSkafkaSensor/msg
>         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:99)
>         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
>         at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getChildren(ZooKeeper.java:1448)
>         at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getChildren(ZooKeeper.java:1476)
>         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.processZKCmd(ZooKeeperMain.java:717)
>         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.processCmd(ZooKeeperMain.java:593)
>         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.executeLine(ZooKeeperMain.java:365)
>         at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.run(ZooKeeperMain.java:323)
>         at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.main(ZooKeeperMain.java:282)
>
> I have tried many ways to solve this problem, but none of those works,
>  even the "super user" method.
> Now neither can I list the node, nor can I delete it . So I really really
> need a help. Thank you!
>

> yang.li
+
Patrick Hunt 2012-10-17, 06:35