Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop

+
Arun C Murthy 2012-07-27, 03:24
+
Jun Ping Du 2012-07-27, 08:01
+
Siddharth Seth 2012-07-27, 06:59
+
Todd Papaioannou 2012-07-27, 05:39
+
Hitesh Shah 2012-07-27, 04:11
+
Mahadev Konar 2012-07-27, 03:53
+
Edward J. Yoon 2012-07-27, 03:56
+
Tsz Wo \ 2012-07-27, 04:53
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-07-27, 21:26
+
Owen OMalley 2012-07-30, 15:52
+
Harsh J 2012-07-27, 21:20
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-07-27, 14:10
+
Tom White 2012-07-27, 13:44
+
Steve Loughran 2012-07-27, 18:58
+
Jonathan Eagles 2012-07-30, 15:57
+
Eli Collins 2012-07-30, 15:52
+
Daryn Sharp 2012-07-31, 18:53
+
Devaraj Das 2012-07-31, 21:46
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 2012-08-01, 04:17
+
Stephan Kang 2012-08-01, 13:34
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-03, 07:51
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-08, 19:29
+
Tom White 2012-08-13, 21:01
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-14, 18:19
+
Robert Evans 2012-08-14, 18:27
+
Tom White 2012-08-15, 00:44
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-15, 15:52
+
Tom White 2012-08-15, 21:24
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-15, 21:27
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-08-16, 18:27
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-08-16, 20:38
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-16, 19:59
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-16, 20:08
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-16, 20:11
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-16, 20:21
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-16, 20:41
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-16, 21:34
+
Chris Douglas 2012-08-17, 00:41
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-17, 02:37
+
Sharad Agarwal 2012-08-17, 05:53
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-21, 22:46
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-21, 23:13
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-22, 18:38
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-22, 18:43
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-23, 18:13
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-23, 18:33
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-24, 02:11
Re: [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop
Eli Collins 2012-08-24, 04:08
Will do.  Not sure we can do a single vote with multiple options since
it represents a change to the bylaws and it would be possible for both
votes to pass.  I'll start a vote for #3 and if that fails someone can
start a vote for #2.

Thanks,
Eli

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 7:11 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for the clarification.
>
> Seems like we can start a vote on those lines. But let's do that separately on a fresh thread. This one has stretched for far too long after the original vote thread concluded.
>
> Thanks,
> +Vinod
>
> On Aug 23, 2012, at 11:33 AM, Eli Collins wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> Can you clarify more on what you are proposing we vote on?
>>>
>>> What does (2) mean?
>>
>> "Distinct MR, HDFS and YARN committers" means that MR, HDFS, and YARN
>> each have their own set of committers. Today we have two sets (MR and
>> HDFS) so under this option we would have three sets of committers.
>> (And technically a 4th set which is the PMC which is shared across
>> sub-projects and can commit to all of them).
>>
>>> Since (1) was dropped, does it mean we seed the YARN list with folks who have been contributing/reviewing patches on YARN?
>>
>> The vote would need to spell out how we would seed the YARN list. Per
>> above I'd suggest seeding it with the current MR committers - ie the
>> people who can commit to YARN today - there's no need to actively
>> exclude people we already trust to commit to this code, and there's
>> obvious downside to excluding them, for example, some patches need to
>> span sub-projects (same reason all HDFS/MR committers can commit to
>> Common).  If/when the sub-projects become TLPs (ie when there are real
>> distinct boundaries between the projects) seems like a good time to
>> divvy things up.
>>
>> Personally I'm in favor of #3, I liked Chris D's original proposal to
>> just merge all the committer lists and call it a day!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Eli

+
Inder.dev Java 2012-08-23, 19:43
+
Ted Dunning 2012-08-17, 17:13
+
Thomas Graves 2012-08-13, 14:16
+
Jason Lowe 2012-08-13, 15:37
+
Ryan Grymes 2012-08-13, 15:37
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-16, 22:31
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-08-15, 03:00
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-08-15, 05:58