Accumulo >> mail # user >> Any good URL/write-ups on the various bin/*.sh files & conf files?

Re: Any good URL/write-ups on the various bin/*.sh files & conf files?
Those files are used for 2 purposes.
1. Start-all.sh, start-here.sh, and tup.sh read all of the files (tup only
uses slaves) to start up the processes. Start-all will go through each file
for each process, ssh to that server (no ssh if the current host) and start
the process. Start-all uses tup for the tserver and logger processes.
Start-here reads through each file, and if the machines match, it will
start that process locally.

2. The files are used in attempts to bind to a port. This is for when your
on a machine with multiple ports, to help it bind on the port you want.
This MAY only actually occur if you're using the above mentioned scripts.

So that said, as long as the configuration of those files is correct for
the node you're on, you can run them there. And on that same note, the
reason you want to keep those various server list files synced is so you
can run start-all/tup from any node and have the same effect.