Avro, mail # user - genavro and maven best practices

+
Ran Tavory 2010-07-08, 19:34
Re: genavro and maven best practices
Jeff Hammerbacher 2010-07-08, 21:11
Hey Ran,

Great to hear you're experimenting with Avro! I'm not aware of the Maven
plugin you describe having been coded up yet, but we would certainly
appreciate the contribution. Feel free to file a JIRA (and perhaps all of
these Maven plugins should be distributed with Avro?).

Lastly, as an FYI, genavro has been renamed to Avro IDL for the 1.4.0
release.

Later,
Jeff

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Ran Tavory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd like to experiment with avro and my team uses maven.
> Is there a genavro plugin for maven?
> I already have the plugin from http://github.com/phunt/avro-rpc-quickstartand
> http://github.com/phunt/avro-maven-plugin configured, so I can compile an
> avpr to java source and then to classes, but I was wondering if folks on
> this list can recommend other mvn avro related tips. For example I'd like to
> be able to compile a genavro file to avpr and then to class.
>
> Thanks

+
Patrick Hunt 2010-07-08, 22:05
+