Hive >> mail # dev >> creating branch 0.12

+
Thejas Nair 2013-09-07, 00:29
+
Thejas Nair 2013-09-07, 01:38
+
Ashutosh Chauhan 2013-09-08, 05:38
+
Hari Subramaniyan 2013-09-07, 01:55
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-09-07, 21:55
+
Carl Steinbach 2013-09-08, 01:39
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-09-08, 01:43
+
Vaibhav Gumashta 2013-09-08, 02:06
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-09-08, 02:29
+
Carl Steinbach 2013-09-08, 06:22
Re: creating branch 0.12
I'd like to see the following jiras make it into hive-0.12

a) HIVE-4331 : Ashutosh and I +1ed in theory barring a few suggestions
to improve and a required rebase. However, enough other things have
changed to make this require a few more rebases. I'll work with Viraj
to make sure it happens. I want to see this in because I want to
deprecate HCatStorageHandler.
b) HIVE-5112 : From a perspective of going with one set of protobuf
versions b/w hadoop, hbase and hive.
c) HIVE-4388 : I'd really like to see this in, but unsure if other
dependencies impede. Also, there's a risk of clash with parts of
HIVE-4331 (Also, if HIVE-4388 makes it, then HIVE-5136 is needed as
well in conjunction with above HIVE-5112)
+
Brock Noland 2013-09-08, 14:52
+
Thejas Nair 2013-09-09, 19:11