Hive >> mail # dev >> creating branch 0.12

Re: creating branch 0.12
I'd like to see the following jiras make it into hive-0.12

a) HIVE-4331 : Ashutosh and I +1ed in theory barring a few suggestions
to improve and a required rebase. However, enough other things have
changed to make this require a few more rebases. I'll work with Viraj
to make sure it happens. I want to see this in because I want to
deprecate HCatStorageHandler.
b) HIVE-5112 : From a perspective of going with one set of protobuf
versions b/w hadoop, hbase and hive.
c) HIVE-4388 : I'd really like to see this in, but unsure if other
dependencies impede. Also, there's a risk of clash with parts of
HIVE-4331 (Also, if HIVE-4388 makes it, then HIVE-5136 is needed as
well in conjunction with above HIVE-5112)