Pig >> mail # user >> Efficient ways to do non-equijoins?

Re: Efficient ways to do non-equijoins?
If B is small enough to fit into memory of a map task, you can use replicated join to simulate cross, that would be much faster -
    cro = join A by 1, B by 1 using 'replicated';

If the ranges size in B are fixed and contiguous (eg 1-10,11-20,21-30...), you can use a udf to map A.val to values in B.min and do a join.

  J = join A by getMin(val), B by min ;
  C = foreach J generate val, thing;

-Thejas