Sqoop >> mail # user >> Import failure due to thrift incompatibility?

Import failure due to thrift incompatibility?
Hi all,

I'm having trouble with what should be a standard Sqoop import job, from
MySQL to Hive. On a new cluster, I get this exception when I do my import
run:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.thrift.EncodingUtils.setBit(BIZ)B

Full stack trace: https://gist.github.com/larsyencken/6879918
Environment: Sqoop 1.4.4 / Hive 0.8.1.8 / Hadoop 1.0.3 on EMR

The problem only occurs with the Hive import. If I take it out and just
import from MySQL to HDFS, the data comes through without problems.

I have a feeling the problem is to do with multiple incompatible thrift
versions (Hive has libthrift-0.7.0.jar, Sqoop uses libthrift-0.9.0.jar).

Any suggestions on getting these two to play nicely together?

Best,
Lars
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-10-10, 15:54