HBase >> mail # user >> Region hot spotting

+
Ajay Bhosle 2012-11-21, 07:19
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-11-21, 08:19
Re: Region hot spotting
Hello Ajay,

 You can use 'salting' if you don't want to presplit your table. You might
this link useful :
http://blog.sematext.com/2012/04/09/hbasewd-avoid-regionserver-hotspotting-despite-writing-records-with-sequential-keys/

HTH

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 1:49 PM, ramkrishna vasudevan <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hotspotting is bound to happen until the region starts splitting and gets
> assigned to diff region servers.
>
> Regards
> Ram
>
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Ajay Bhosle
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > I am inserting some data in hbase which is getting hot spotted in a
> > particular server. The format of the row key is (0 or
> > 1)|[timestamp]_[sequence].  Basically I want to add log information to
> > hbase
> > and search the records based on range of dates.
> >

> > Can someone suggest any configuration changes or any ideas on how the row
> > key should be design. I do not want to specify the splits while creating
> > table.
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> > Ajay
> >

> > The information contained in this electronic message (email) and any
> > attachments to this email are intended for the exclusive use of the
> > addressee(s) and access to this email by any one else is unauthorised.
> The
> > email may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information or
> > information relating to Reliance Group. If you are not the intended
> > recipient, please notify the sender by telephone, fax, or return email
> and
> > delete this communication and any attachments thereto, immediately from
> > your computer. Any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
> > communication and the attachments thereto (in whole or part), in any
> > manner, is strictly prohibited and actionable at law. The recipient
> > acknowledges that emails are susceptible to alteration and their
> integrity
> > can not be guaranteed and that Company does not guarantee that any e-mail
> > is virus-free and accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus
> > transmitted by this email.

+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-11-21, 08:44
+