Sqoop, mail # user - sqoop expert --call stored proc failing "Column 'ORDINAL_POSITION' not found."

+
Dave Speer 2013-06-24, 12:45
Re: sqoop expert --call stored proc failing "Column 'ORDINAL_POSITION' not found."
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-06-24, 15:08
Hi Dave,
would you mind sharing with us entire exception that you are getting?

Based on the Java documentation [1] the JDBC Drivers are required to return the ORDINAL_POSITION column and therefore this more seems as a bug on the MySQL JDBC Driver side than on the Sqoop side.

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/DatabaseMetaData.html#getProcedureColumns(java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String)

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 12:45:26PM +0000, Dave Speer wrote:
> Trying to use Sqoop to export calling a proc (so I can insert only new records without job failure) on Amazon AWS and JDBC is throwing an error on
>

> conn.getMetaData().getProcedureColumns(null, null, "LoadStores", null);
>

> This is Sqoop 1.4.3 I am using mysql-connector-java-5.1.24-bin.jar in sqoop-1.4.3.bin__hadoop-1.0.0/lib/
>

> I am on Amazon AMI verion 2.3.1, hadoop version 1.0.3
>

> I can't seem to find any documentation on versioning, if the issue is with my hadoop version, my java version, my JDBC connector, etc.
>

> My command line is
>

> sqoop-1.4.3.bin__hadoop-1.0.0/bin/sqoop export --connect jdbc:mysql://{a valid URL} --username {valid user} --password {valid password} --export-dir=/DeltaStores/ --num-mappers 4 --call LoadStores --input-fields-terminated-by='|'
>

> I wrote a Java unit test and see that getProcedureColumns() does not return ORDINAL_POSITION (from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.parameters) but instead returns the following column list:
>

> PROCEDURE_CAT
>
> PROCEDURE_SCHEM
>
> PROCEDURE_NAME
>
> COLUMN_NAME
>
> COLUMN_TYPE
>
> DATA_TYPE
>
> TYPE_NAME
>
> PRECISION
>
> LENGTH
>
> SCALE
>
> RADIX
>
> NULLABLE
>
> REMARKS
>

> Any help/ideas guys?  I have tried to browse the changeset for SQOOP-749 to see if I could see what the code was doing and why it was failing.
>
> ************************************************************************ The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying, or use of the contents of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from your system.
+
Venkat 2013-06-24, 18:17
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-06-24, 19:10