MapReduce >> mail # user >> Text analytics

+
Mallika Pothukuchi 2013-02-21, 22:29
Re: Text analytics
Hello ma'am,

    I know nothing about Splunk. But what I know is that Hadoop is more of
a batch processing system and is not a suitable choice for real time
search. Also, it is not a reporting tool. You can do some pre-processing
and keep your data ready in your tree structure through MapRreduce though,
which you can serve later. AFAIK Splunk has the ability to pull the data
and index it in real time. You just need some way to present that data in
your desired format.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com
On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 3:59 AM, Mallika Pothukuchi <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am trying to fnd out a good solution for the following scenario
>
> Require to search through relational database a search string grouping by
> certain columns.The result should list down the count of occurances group
> by columns in a tree structure and on further click, it should list down
> the details of the string occurance in the various tuples.
>
> I have explored Splunk to be one of the good text analytics tools to
> use.But i am not sure if it can provide the drill down structure reporting
> in tree format. Please help!!
>
> Thanks,
> Mallika

+