Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop import Format Issue

+
Vineet Mishra 2013-01-18, 11:20
Re: Sqoop import Format Issue
Hallo All,

I am working with Sqoop for writing data back to Database from HDFS, I am
currently stuck in an issue, the scenerio is like,

I have a Postgres database with a table TestSqoop consisting of three
fields,
*id integer SERIAL, volume numeric(8,2), zip integer*
where id is the autoincrement field, I am having a data file in HDFS where
I want to insert only last two rows(except id which is already auto
incremented) so if my data file contains the data in this format

1,28.00,10005
2,403.71,90210
3,20.02,95014

where I am specifying the value even for the id which I don't want as it
should be auto incremented.
Kindly let me know if there is a way round so that I can neglect the id
attribute value in my data file so that it should auto increment in
Database.
Urgent!!!

--
Thanks and Regards