Zookeeper >> mail # user >> How to create parent znodes and its children znodes through zkconsole?

+
Techy Teck 2013-10-29, 03:49
Re: How to create parent znodes and its children znodes through zkconsole?
Attaching an image on this email thread, if image is not clear on my
earlier email..
On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 8:49 PM, Techy Teck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I recently started working with Zookeeper so I am trying to clear my
> understanding on znodes and zookeeper as well.. I am trying to create znode
> architecture something like in my below image -
>

> I am wondering what does black color slash means here? It's the top znode
> in the Zookeeper? Whenever I start the zkConsole, and I do `ls /`, I always
> see [zookeeper] in the list of znodes.. So this black color slash is the
> zookeeper node here, which I always get when I do `ls /` ?
>
> Secondly, when we create znodes, how do I create persistent znodes?
> something like this should be fine for creating persistent nodes -
>
>     create /te
>
> And here in my diagram I have children of `te` as `v1` and `colo`, so I
> will be creating znodes as `/te/v1` and `/te/colo`? If yes, then why not,
> we can create znodes as `/v1` and `/colo`, why we always prepend the parent
> names with child nodes here?sx
>
> Sorry if I am asking dumb question here.. I have already read zookeeper
> tutorial so I got some basic question on it.. Any help will be appreciated
> on this.. Thanks..

+
Techy Teck 2013-10-29, 15:47
+