HBase, mail # user - Question about HFile seeking

+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-16, 20:56
+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-16, 21:03
Re: Question about HFile seeking
Stack 2013-05-16, 21:30
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Varun Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Or do we use some kind of demarcator b/w rows and columns and timestamps
> when building the HFile keys and the indices ?

No demarcation but in KeyValue, we keep row, column family name, column
family qualifier, etc., lengths and offsets so the comparators on ly
compare pertinent bytes.

If you doing a prefix scan w/ row1c, we should be starting the scan at
row1c, not row1 (or more correctly at the row that starts the block we
believe has a row1c row in it...).

St.Ack
+
Stack 2013-05-16, 21:30