Zookeeper, mail # user - Dynamic membership reconfig

+
Arindam Mukherjee 2013-11-07, 10:20
Re: Dynamic membership reconfig
Alexander Shraer 2013-11-07, 17:04
If you're running a snapshot of 3.5.0 (trunk), which is not out yet,
you could use the dynamic reconfig functionality.
Here is the documentation:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AF8pIfQbN5cKxe0c4cQ4_DW6ZjBJqSkyANcTGUwkzjc/edit

One thing to note is that for now you must start with at least 2
servers in your cluster - the patch that removes this assumption
is not committed yet.

If you're using the latest released version of zookeeper then you
don't have a choice but doing rolling restarts.
Alex

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 2:20 AM, Arindam Mukherjee
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am trying to create a dynamic ZooKeeper cluster of VMs. When each new VM
> comes up, I want it to join the cluster. I understand something to this
> effect is in the works but isn't out yet:
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/Hadoop_Summit/dynamic-reconfiguration-of-zookeeper
>
> What would be a good way to achieve this today? The only thing I can think
> of is to modify the zoo.conf on each and every VM including the new one,
> every time a new VM comes up, and then restarting ZK server on all VMs. Is
> there a better way?
>
> Thanks.
> Arindam
+