Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Dynamic membership reconfig

Re: Dynamic membership reconfig
If you're running a snapshot of 3.5.0 (trunk), which is not out yet,
you could use the dynamic reconfig functionality.
Here is the documentation:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AF8pIfQbN5cKxe0c4cQ4_DW6ZjBJqSkyANcTGUwkzjc/edit

One thing to note is that for now you must start with at least 2
servers in your cluster - the patch that removes this assumption
is not committed yet.

If you're using the latest released version of zookeeper then you
don't have a choice but doing rolling restarts.
Alex