Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Accumulo Versions (was Accumulo feature freeze in 1 week)

+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-25, 19:43
+
Josh Elser 2013-10-25, 19:50
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-25, 19:58
+
John Vines 2013-10-25, 20:22
Re: Accumulo Versions (was Accumulo feature freeze in 1 week)
On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1 marketing.major.minor

For x.y.z, Christopher and I have discussed only incrementing x when
deprecated methods are dropped.

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Sean Busbey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > When explaining X.major.minor versioning to people, I generally refer to
> > as the "marketing" version. It gets incremented when the project wants to
> > push for a separation in the minds of users.
> >

> > On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > That is a good point.
> > >
> > > We typically have referred to 1.x releases as "major". I will say that
> > > when I wrote up the Git document, I wrote it based on how we refer to
> our
> > > versions, not necessarily using correct semantic versioning verbage.
> > >
> > > Is the "1" or "1.6.0" the "super-major" version? :P

> 1.6.0
> do

> what

> > turn