 From: Steve Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: common-user <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 9:33 AM
Subject: Default permissions for Hadoop output files

I am trying to move our jobs from a 0.2.. hadoop cluster to a 1.03 cluster
One issue I am running into is that files - and specifically the hadoop
output files are created with permission
*rw-------*
*
*
our 0.2 cluster the permissions are
*rw-r--r--*
*
*
*The problem is that the web hdfs interface does not have permission to
view the files so I cannot browse the output *
*How do I set default permissions to be **rw-r--r--*
*or maybe rw-rw-rw-??
*--