Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

Re: [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

If we want to introduce a "platform independent" scripting language, we
should not choose python, as it has a bad track record for compatibility
(between versions/platforms).

+1 to use groovy, as we can control the version of groovy jars included in
our distribution.

__Luke