HBase >> mail # user >> Queries regarding Put and Scanner Result

Re: Queries regarding Put and Scanner Result
2010/9/25 Imran M Yousuf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Andrey Stepachev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> 2010/9/23 Imran M Yousuf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> How you populate family cf1? 1,2,3,4 = are qualifiers? or you put values
>> under the same qualifiers?
>>
>> In case of qualifiers, you should delete qualifier+value explicitly.
>
> Hmm, this is the information I needed confirmation on.

I mean that if you put values in a row:
key1 {
  cf1:qual1:value1
  cf1:qual2:value2
  cf1:qual3:value3
}

and then put
key1 {
  cf1:qual1:value4
  cf1:qual3:value5
}

you row will be
key1 {
  cf1:qual1:value4
  cf1:qual2:value2
  cf1:qual3:value5
}

So, to remove cf1:qual2 you need to write null (hide value), or delete
all versions
of this qualifier. If you, for example delete cf1:qual3:value5, value3
will be returned
on you get for cf1:qual3. This is how versioning works in hbase.