MapReduce >> mail # user >> Error in starting DFS - message says JAVA_HOME not set though the workstation has working java

Re: Error in starting DFS - message says JAVA_HOME not set though the workstation has working java
You'll need to set JAVA_HOME under the $HADOOP_CONF_DIR/hadoop-env.sh
explicitly. This variable is not a system global one.

--
Harsh J