Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Threaded View
Chukwa, mail # user - No Collector.pid file


Copy link to this message
-
Re: No Collector.pid file
Ahmed Fathalla 2011-11-17, 10:27
No, you don't...

Can you check what's listening on the port in question? I think you can use
the netstat command for this or something.

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:16 PM, TARIQ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can see only one HICC instance running on my machine. Do I need
> jetty and tomcat running simultaneously on my machine???
>
> Regards,
>     Mohammad Tariq
>
>
>
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Eric Yang-3 [via Apache Chukwa]
> <[hidden email] <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3515287&i=0>>
> wrote:
>
> > It looks like there is another instance of HICC running.
> >
> > regards,
> > Eric
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:24 AM, TARIQ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> 2011-11-17 12:16:54,464 INFO main ChukwaConfiguration - chukwaConf is
> >> /home/tariq/chukwa-0.4.0/bin/../conf
> >> 2011-11-17 12:16:54,696 INFO main HiccWebServer - Initializing HICC
> >> Datastore.
> >> 2011-11-17 12:16:57,292 INFO main HiccWebServer - HICC Datastore
> >> initialization completed.
> >> 2011-11-17 12:16:59,237 ERROR main HiccWebServer -
> >> java.net.BindException: Address already in use
> >>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
> >>         at
> >>
> sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:126)
> >>         at
> >> sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)
> >>         at
> >>
> >>
> org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.open(SelectChannelConnector.java:205)
>
> >>         at
> >>
> >>
> org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectChannelConnector.java:304)
>
> >>         at
> >>
> org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:39)
> >>         at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:233)
> >>         at
> >>
> org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:39)
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.hicc.HiccWebServer.run(HiccWebServer.java:223)
> >>         at
> >>
> org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.hicc.HiccWebServer.start(HiccWebServer.java:93)
> >>         at
> >>
> org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.hicc.HiccWebServer.main(HiccWebServer.java:240)
> >>
> >> 2011-11-17 12:29:48,981 INFO main ChukwaConfiguration - chukwaConf is
> >> /home/tariq/chukwa-0.4.0/bin/../conf
> >> 2011-11-17 12:30:03,774 ERROR main HiccWebServer -
> >> java.net.BindException: Address already in use
> >>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
> >>         at
> >>
> sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:126)
> >>         at
> >> sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)
> >>         at
> >>
> >>
> org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.open(SelectChannelConnector.java:205)
>
> >>         at
> >>
> >>
> org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectChannelConnector.java:304)
>
> >>         at
> >>
> org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:39)
> >>         at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:233)
> >>         at
> >>
> org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:39)
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.hicc.HiccWebServer.run(HiccWebServer.java:223)
> >>         at
> >>
> org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.hicc.HiccWebServer.start(HiccWebServer.java:93)
> >>         at
> >>
> org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.hicc.HiccWebServer.main(HiccWebServer.java:240)
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>     Mohammad Tariq
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Eric Yang-3 [via Apache Chukwa]
> >> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>> What is the stack trace in the hicc.log?
> >>>
> >>> regards,
> >>> Eric
> >>>
> >>> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 11:49 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>>> I have changed the collector port and now when I point my web browse
> >>>> to " <a href="<a
> >>>> href="<a href="http://localhost:8080/hicc/ ">
> http://localhost:8080/hicc/ "><a href="http://localhost:8080/hicc/ ">
> http://localhost:8080/hicc/ "><a
> >>>> href="<a href="http://localhost:8080/hicc/ ">
> http://localhost:8080/hicc/ "><a href="http://localhost:8080/hicc/ ">

Ahmed Fathalla