Hadoop, mail # user - Hadoop Streaming 0.20.2 and how to specify number of reducers per node -- is it possible?

+
Steven Hafran 2011-08-17, 07:36
Re: Hadoop Streaming 0.20.2 and how to specify number of reducers per node -- is it possible?
Allen Wittenauer 2011-08-22, 04:18

On Aug 17, 2011, at 12:36 AM, Steven Hafran wrote:

> after reviewing the hadoop docs, i've tried setting the following properties
> when starting my streaming job; however, they don't seem to have any impact.
> -jobconf mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum=1

"tasktracker" is the hint:  that's a server side setting.

You're looking for the mapred.reduce.tasks settings.