Hive >> mail # user >> Hive Meta Server (Thrift Server) Failover / Redundancy / Load Balancing

Re: Hive Meta Server (Thrift Server) Failover / Redundancy / Load Balancing
Hi Manish,

You can use LB. Trouble you might have while deploying just LB without
failover is that when metastore server is actually going down all your
active connections will be dropped as well. But, since most of the rpc
calls to metastore are expected to complete fairly quickly, depending on
your workload you might be ok with this.

For secure metastore, patch is ready to use. You may want to try it out.

Hope it helps,
Ashutosh