HBase, mail # user - bulkload on fully distributed mode - permissions

RE: bulkload on fully distributed mode - permissions
Paul Mackles 2011-12-13, 11:56
If you can chmod a+w the directory /user/dorner/bulkload/output/Tsp, hbase should be able to do what it needs to do (I am assuming the error is coming from completebulkload). It is trying to rename the files.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Dorner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: bulkload on fully distributed mode - permissions

Hi,

i stumbled upon an error which was not present in pseudo distributed mode.
When i try to run a bulkload, it fails after creating the hfiles with
following error:

org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException:
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException:
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied:
user=hbase, access=WRITE,
inode="/user/dorner/bulkload/output/Tsp/v":dorner:hadoop:drwxr-xr-x
After some reading, I know that HBase needs to own the files. I am not
in the sudo group on the cluster to change the owner (and probably can't
get in). And i can't ask the administrator every time to change the
owner of the file. Is there a way to change this behavior and allow
hbase to access those files without changing permissions and owners?

On my local pseudo-distributed mode, it runs perfect without any changes.
I am using cloudera CDH3u2.

Regards,
Christopher