HBase >> mail # dev >> Exec implementing Row

+
Himanshu Vashishtha 2011-04-28, 04:08
+
Stack 2011-04-28, 05:06
+
Gary Helmling 2011-04-28, 05:47
+
Gary Helmling 2011-04-28, 06:04
Re: Exec implementing Row
For the least of it, one can get rid of "private byte[] referenceRow"
attribute in Exec class I'd say (?).

Yes, Exec implementing Row seems useful as you mentioned (though this use
case is not that much stressed upon I believe. I mean no test cases etc).
Pardon if i have missed them.

Thanks,
Himanshu

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:04 AM, Gary Helmling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:47 PM, Gary Helmling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > This is a remnant from initial plans to do single-RPC-per-RS batching of
> > coprocessor RPCs via the parameterized
> > HConnectionManager.HConnectionImplementation.processBatchCallback()
> method.
> > Currently we do a single RPC per region for HTable.coprocessorExec()
> > invocations.
> >
> > processBatchCallback() takes a List<? extends Row>, hence the
> "implements"
> > for Exec.
> >

> Actually, as a side effect of this, you _could_ currently construct a bunch
> of Exec objects and call HTable.batch(List<Exec>) and I think it would
> work,
> returning you a ExecResult[].  So I take back the part about it being
> internal implementation only.  On the one hand, this could be useful, on
> the
> other potentially confusing.  It depends where we want to take the CP RPC
> stuff.
>
> If we drop the Row implementation from Exec, we should also strip out the
> Exec handling in HRegionServer.multi() and any other places.
>
> --gh

+
Gary Helmling 2011-04-28, 06:33
+