Chukwa >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Chukwa 0.5.0 release candidate 0

Re: [VOTE] Chukwa 0.5.0 release candidate 0
On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Eric Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I will make change to the NOTICE file to reflect Apache Chukwa, and
> remove the license files
> from the lib directory for RC1.

Great, thank you.

> Full list of the license compliance can be found at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~eyang/chukwa-0.5.0-docs/dependencies.html
>
> The LICENSE.txt only contains licenses of direct dependencies.  Should
> we list licenses of all
> dependencies recursively?

Nope, only the licenses for the software we're distributing. The
source package, on brief inspection, appears to be complete. The
binary tarball, in contrast, contains dozens of jars that we'd need to
audit before redistributing them. Particularly since the IPMC will
have to do the same, it probably makes sense to limit this to a source
release. Presumably there's a maven target that generates the binary
dist tarball, so it shouldn't be too onerous. -C