HDFS, mail # user - Re: Configuring SSH - is it required? for a psedo distriburted mode?

+
Raj Hadoop 2013-05-16, 15:56
Re: Configuring SSH - is it required? for a psedo distriburted mode?
Amal G Jose 2013-05-19, 03:51
Without passwordless ssh you can start it in pseudo-distributed mode.
Instead of start-all.sh, start-dfs.sh etc, Use
hadoop-daemon.sh start/stop  <daemon-name>

eg: for starting jobtracker

hadoop-daemon.sh start jobtracker