HBase >> mail # user >> Running prefix scans in hbase

Re: Running prefix scans in hbase
On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 11:33 PM, Varun Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was looking at PrefixFilter but going by the implementation - it looks we
> scan every row until we hit the prefix instead of seeking to the row with
> the required prefix.
>
> I was wondering if there are more efficient alternatives which would do a
> real seek rather than scanning all rows. Would setting startRow and stopRow
> - effectively seek to startRow and then perform the scan ?

Are you saying the prefix filter keeps reading rows even though it has
passed out the prefix?   I'd think it would return true out of
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/PrefixFilter.html#filterAllRemaining()once
it had gone past rows with the prefix?

St.Ack