Hive, mail # user - Multiple Hive Connection Issues

Multiple Hive Connection Issues
nagarjuna kanamarlapudi 2012-10-09, 12:24
Hi,
I have a requirement of using multiple hive connections simultaneously to
run multiple queries in parallel. I use JDBC Client to get the connection.
 (hive-0.7.1)

Just going through one of the bugs of hive server at the link
https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/hiveserver.html
The link says , "HiveServer can not handle concurrent requests from more
than one client." Are we talking about multiple clients like JDBC, ODBC,
Thrift JAVA client, CLI, HWI. If yes, should the hive server handle
multiple connections from the same slient simultaneously ??

Regards,
Nagarjuna
+
Ruslan Al-Fakikh 2012-10-10, 09:24